Breaking news! Due to the resolution of the lockout, I decided to stop production on my NBA Coffee Table Photo Book and concentrate on making Pinwheel Empire better. What compels a young, extremely tall, dark, handsome, intelligent, hopeless romantic to create an NBA book? What compels Lebron and Chris to cry? What compels everyone to love Lady Gaga so much more than Adele? What compels a honey badger to not give a poo? What compels Jesus to favor Timothy Tebow over every other human? I have no idea, but before I get into all the compelling features of PWE 2.0, I have to share a few of the coffee book pages.
I know, I know, you are asking, where are the NBA cat photos!!?!?!?! That was definitely part of the vision (LOLCat popout page with D. Stern saying, "I haz CBA!" ), but our team really did put in a lot of effort to make a better Pinwheel experience. Here are the changes:
- The site is open. You do not need to login or be a member to read any of the content on our site. (Don't worry, all you extreme couponing members will still have access to our goodies around town.) After 11 months of testing our site, it is now ready for prime time. As a matter of fact, it's so good that your old login will no longer work.
- Live Comments: Our friends and partner at Livefyre has integrated their live commenting system into our site. What are Live Comments? Comments refresh in real-time and you don't have to login to see them. They also create a social sync feature so you can embed existing Facebook/Twitter conversations directly into the site and vice versa. I know, it sounds creepy, but trust me, it's better than sitting at dinner eating KFC Hot Wings with Lady Gaga and Adele with desserts cooked by Anthony Bourdain. All you need to do is login with your current Twitter/Facebook/Google/Yahoo etc. account. Go ahead, give it a try. It's like DVR, once you have it, you can't live without it. If you don't like it, send a tweet to @officialadele.
- Editors: We welcome two new writers to our already incredible team, Nick Poust of Beyond the Beat and Chris Mommsen of The Chris Mommsen Statistics Show. If they suck, just tell them in the comments.
- Sitemap: We added a few new sections to our site including Historic Content, Daily Empire, Video, and News.
- Historic Content is not a link to all the Jack Ramsey outfits of 1977 but to some of our favorite archived articles from the various media outlets that cover the Trailblazers in the recent years. Dwight Jaynes, Ben Golliver, Jason Quick, Mike Barrett, A Woj, Henry Abbott among others wrote some memorable pieces that we like to highlight and have you revisit.
- Daily Empire is your hodgepodge hangout to discuss whatever you feel like. Anyone can create one that stirs fun conversation. Just be first, date it, and have a PG-13 topic. With our live commenting system, this is a fantastic way to keep in touch with the community at any time of the day. Make sure you read the site rules.
- Video section is awesome.
- News is a section we programmed that will automatically pull in snippets of news from any source in the interwebs. We also encourage our members to post news that's relevant. Not all news sources will know if Patty Millls is actually faster than his Chinese teammates, but I'm sure one of our members will let us know.
- Around Rip City is Blazer-related info from around the blogosphere.
- Mobile: All features of PWE will work on ANY mobile device/smartphone, including that Blackberry you ungraciously got from work. Yes, and "all features" includes the blazing fast live commenting system.
- Quirks: We added some quirks in the system. What are quirks you say? Quirks, like strange occurrences such as things that don't work like it should. Why did we add them? We can't build Rome in two days Maximus. We've already started on PWE 3.0, so just brace yourself for all the goodness. If all else fails, you get the coffee book! The first quirk I'd like to present is our commenting login is not yet connected to our posting login authentication system. IT WILL BE SOON. DON'T SHAKE YOUR HEAD AT THE MONITOR. So if you want to sign up to post an article, click the button under member post. If you want to comment on someone else's article, just click on the commenting box and post your internet flame. It's not neutrinos versus speed of light, so you will survive. Don't be allergic to quirks. Once in, you don't ever have to login again, just click that remember me button.
That's it for now. We will continue to focus on our meetups, viewing parties, sports league and community service events. We like to continue having as much fun as possible, even if our beloved team might be sold to Israeli Tycoon, Sami Ofer.
As usual, I would love your feedback. Send me a tweet or an email at: FansAreUngratefulHumanBeings@ItsNeverEnough.com.