Recap/Observation by Timbo:
A few observations…
1. There were fewer people in the stands tonight than in previous years.
2. Luke Babbitt could be the worst PTB first round draft pick of all time. A “shooter” that can’t shoot, too slow to play the 3, too small to play the 4. And they guaranteed him for another year, unconvinced that his sub-30% shooting from last year meant anything…
3. Portland will be somewhere around a .500 team this year.
4. For Portland to become a top level team, Nic Batum will have to become an all star.
5. Elliott Williams and Nolan Smith are probably both keepers.
6. Portland is short 2 bigs…
First gameday thread of the year. Welcome the Rhino and the 2nd coming of Michael JC Jordan!!! Today’s drinking game: Take a drink if you see Babbitt anywhere, two drinks if he shoots, and a shot if he scores!